View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 04:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am a nurse who developed CRPS in my left arm and hand in 2008. I slamed my hand in the door at work. Since my injury I have been in constant severe pain with no relief. I have endured painful nerve blocks and surgury that made the pain worse, I have taken cymbalta, gabapentin, lyrica, and use every pain patch there is with no success. I have tried narcotics and found out that Im allergic to all that Ive tried which include hydrocodone, methadone and percocet. I was once a happy outgoing person who enjoyed traveling with my family and enjoyed life and always lived it to the fullest, until I developed depression. My depression has gotten so bad that I tried ECT because no med would help me and the doctors and phychiatrist guaranteed this would help. Well, it was horrible after just one treatment I started having having the worst headache imagined and decided not to continue with the treatments. So now my depression is so bad that Im pettrified to leave my house and when I do I have panic attacks so severe that I feel like Im dying, with the constant pain and depression I had contimplated suicide as my only relief. Now my doctor has told me that my best option is to have a SCS implanted, well after the ECT fiasco I am alittle scared, I dont know what I should do. I would your opinion withis matter if possible, all I want is my life back.!
J Shelton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote