View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So sorry for your situation. I have experienced much pain and five major surgeries, including neck and back fusions with hardware and two surgeries related to T.O.S. and I can say the removal of my first rib from under my arm was a long and painful recovery. My first six ribs were fractured from my sternum and when recovering from my first rib removal, those other ribs had not been addressed - so I'm sure that didn't help. I felt instant relief when I awoke from that surgery, but that does not mean pain free. I had the same type of burning sensation and irritation under my arm and the whole back of that arm. Three years post-op, that same is area is still irritated, though not as bad - I've been told it is nerve damage.
I hope your recovery is short and the results are great. I am not in a position to give advise on how to feel better; almost eleven years past my accident and I haven't figured out pain management. T.O.S. is hard to deal with and I am excited I just found this website b/c it is good to know it isn't in my head. Have a blessed day.
painisforthebirds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antikamars (10-03-2012), Mmcnugget (05-08-2013)