View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks, Mark.

Yes, it is frustrating!

I've been avoiding this forum, since it was just causing me anxiety, but I came back due to new symptoms--vertigo, ringing in my ears, and a headache triggered by bending over one too many times I guess. (It's hard not to when you've got a toddler to chase around!) I am now taking rest very seriously, praying that this spinning sensation stops!

I think the issue with ADHD is that you are going to want to be constantly distracted but you have to fight that impulse. I think the concussions have made that much harder for me. I've had to seriously restrict my tv viewing and internet surfing and force myself to just focus on healing and on my family.

I did struggle in high school and college due to my ADHD, but my grades went up a full grade letter after I got on meds and got better organized. In grad school, I got straight As! On a normal day to day basis, before the concussions, I was doing fine. I had my moments and definitely tended toward spaciness, but this is something else all together! I'm just glad that I at least know what is going on now, but I just wish these physical symptoms would go away! The cognitive ones are no fun either, but I'd rather be forgetful and foggy than constantly dizzy! It sucks!

Thanks for listening.
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote