View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ear pain and TN???

I have lots of EAR PAIN and have questions related to Trigeminal Neuralgia. First, a little background:

I've had months of problems with one particular tooth (#31) as the result of questionable dental work. I recently had a tooth extraction and bone graft put in (same area). This caused, the following day, low grade fever, ear pain and very high blood pressure. With doctor approval, I had to 4x my blood pressure medication, plus add a second med, and that is now, for the most part, resulting in a high...relatively normal blood pressure reading (s). I also had lots of blood work and was determined to have Sjorgens Syndrome and no obvious infection. I also have a hx of lupus.

I went to an Oral Surgeon and he said that bone graft had to be removed...so even more dental work was needed...in the same area.

As far as I can tell, there were no complications during the removal. I removed the bone graft about a week ago. Since then, the ear pain is worsening. It feels like heavy duty pressure and boring in the center of my ear. I also have slight pain down my jaw...all on the side of this dental work.

I'm on antibiotics and a Medrol pack. I think today is the last day for my Medrol Pack.

The ear pain keeps on worsening....and now I get little relief from pain medications and no relief from OTC medications.

The Oral Surgeon said that eventually he will likely have to send me to a neurologist.

Do these symptoms (lots of ear pain and a little jaw pain) sound like TN to you? Does TN often come after dental work? ?Does anyone else here have TN that is primarily ear pain? Does anyone work with a neurologist from the treatment team out of Gainsville FL and can pm me about that? Any insight would be helpful. What can I expect from a neurologist (any neurologist?) I am in extreme pain and getting little relief from pain medication at this time.

Thank you.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 10-03-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote