View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I knew a family of Marfan's from one of my jobs.

The women seem to have less obvious "symptoms" than the men.
The woman (Mother) I worked with had dilated aorta when pregnant only, and that was her only symptom which was silent.

Her daughter who is very tall -over 6ft, (mother is 5'8") had a ligament problem in her ankle. She twisted it, and it never seemed to heal from the sprain, and eventually a year later limping around, she went to an orthopedic surgeon, who said her ligament dissolved away after the injury (maybe due to the Marfan's genetic contribution). She had a reconstructive thing done where a partial tendon was taken from her thigh...and I don't know if that worked for her, as I retired and left that job.

There was also a Mystery Diagnosis show on Discovery once about a woman with "hidden" Marfan's. She was only diagnosed after one of her sons was tested. She was completely asymptomatic. But I wonder with your PN, if there is some connection involving the tendons, and collagen affecting the nerves etc?
I think it is worth following up upon, given that the gal I knew had a ligament totally dissolve away, and that created great pain for her. She was only 20 yrs old!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (10-03-2012)