View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post operative spinal fusion care

Hi all
I'm new here and need some advice please. My 15 year old, autistic, mentally handicapped daughter had a spinal fusion from T4 to L3 for neuromuscular scoliosis (64 degree curvature). This was almost 3 weeks ago. How much should she be sitting? How much walking should she be doing? Doc said she should be off school for 6 weeks. Her neck is still to one side. Will this come right or do we need to take her to a physio? We have begun to wean her off the pain meds, but have not been given a lot of guidance about managing her pain, which as you can imagine, is difficult as she does not have speech!! Feel so insecure about managing this huge recovery. She had a fall the other day and had a haematoma on the scar. The doc at the emergency room was not concerned, and although the swelling has gone down, there is still fluid under the wound. That was from a week ago. Not sure whether or not to take her back to the hospital. She does not seem to be in pain or have a temp! I have been fine up till now, but am starting to feel really shaky about this whole thing.
HELP!
jentul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote