View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dawson View Post
Everything just keeps getting stranger and stranger. Or, you could say, more and more strange. I figure, something from Melodika Net, :"the Home of Music" is not likely to transmit cutting-edge research into Parkinson's.
And then some very reasonable people say "Seems like a good bet to pursue."
It is confusing to follow, as I am accustomed to a narrative where there is a bad guy and a good guy, and after awhile the good guy wins. You can tell who is who because one wears a white hat and the other wears a black hat.

So I often want to just obey orders: "Take pill. Pharma good. All else bad."

Or "Organic only; no devil drugs.''

I WANT that kind of certainty and maybe some researchers do too. It can blind me to alternatives, because I don't want alternatives that have to be compared; I want the Head of Research to tell me there is only one road and we are on it. And as for the Road Less Travelled, they neglect to tell you that there are 100 good reasons why it is less travelled.

But Parkinson's does not grant us any certainty in anything. There is a huge electric sign up there, saying, "THIS IS A TEST."

Parkinson's research and symptoms combined keep showing us a klaidescope in the form of a jig-saw puzzle where half of the pieces are missing. It seems to be a very elaborate puzzle inside a very complicated maze inside an abandoned castle lost deep in the forest.

And yet it could still be something simple; and everybody will say we always sort of thought so, more or less, a lot of the time, we figured, maybe.
bob, things have always been strange, there's always been snake oil and elixers being peddled. the internet just makes it easier to make things look more credible. just my opinion.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote