View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy No need to suffer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedee View Post
I'm at the end off my tether with this dis-ease, this week I was due to take my kids away for a camping trip - our first holiday since I split from their dad 4 yeaars ago, but had to cancel because I'm too weak to walk any distance. I can just about drag myself around my house but that's my limit. I'm sick of life passing me by, I can barely hold myself up to type this. I am taking bucketloads of supplements, eating a very healthy diet, doing yoga, having acupuncture, craniosacral therapy, massage, counselling etc but am still sliding down. I am so tired all the time that I have no energy for exercise except very gentle yoga (but get high as a kite when i'm yogaing).

So I'm thinking seriously about starting meds - I can find very few positive stories about DAs so Sinemet seems to be the best bet. Am I right in thinking that it is possible to keep it on a low dose and keep that dreaded dyskinesia at bay for longer? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Aaaarghhhh!!!

Trixiedee
Dear Trixiedee

You should o to med inm. In fact you should had done it long time ago.
You need to function for having a normal life. Ir quite as good as it gets. Please go inm to visit a neuro and get back ob track and commence ti enjoy life again.

Only be careful not to have too many proteins during the daytime as they compite with the levodopa.

Selegilin helps me a lot to eliminate headache and to have an excellent mood.

Diskinesias, there always be, but the benefits are unmeasurable compare to them.
Camilo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote