View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you, MrsD, for your response. You have given me some important information that I will look into further. Thank you for taking the time to read my concerns and thoughtfully write out a reply.

One question I had in relation to your reply is: Is the name of the DNA test called "Cytochrome P-450 system," or is that the name of the enzymes you were talking about?

Thanks for your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
There are DNA tests today that will show how you metabolize drugs. We are starting to see commercials about University medical schools that use this technology, to custom taylor chemotherapy treatments in individuals. This is the way modern medicine is going now.

For anyone who suspects they are a fast metabolizer or a slow metabolizer, today, I think it is a matter of SAFETY to get this test done. It would reveal quite a bit and therefore lead to safer use of drug treatments, and combinations of them. There are several enzymes in the liver and GI tract which are responsible for drug elimination, and they vary according to genetics from person to person. It is called the Cytochrome P-450 system.

Another place that does it, and without a doctor's order is
23and Me which you can find on the web easily. You would have to pay for it out of pocket then.
sara327 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote