View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I joined this very helpful forum a month ago. I am a 54 year old male. I had a whiplash injury 30 years ago and fought chronic neck pain for tha next 20 years. In 2000 my problems were misdiagnosed as cervical spine so had C67 fusion. The next 10 years carried worsening symptoms and additional surgeries including c56 fusion, labrum tear, shoulder decompression and even a reattachment of detached rhomboid muscles. None of these altered the scapular pain and neck pain all on the right side. I finally quit working in 2011 and went on disability. Symptoms worsened this year and I was finally diagnosed TOS when I found a competent doctor who did a scalene block. That was in May 2012. All problems have been on my right side until the last 4 months. My left side developed symptoms very rapidly and now I cannot raise my left arm above my shoulder.

I am seeing Dr. Pearl in Dallas Oct. 15. Hopefully I will have surgery very soon thereafter because my condition has gotten very severe and I have suffered far too long. I am sure they finally have the correct diagnosis but I am afraid the longevity and severity of my condition may limit what surgery can do. I stay on my knees every day and I am trying to hang on. Hopefully I will have good news to report at some point. My heart goes out to everyone suffering with this. I know there are varying degrees of it but it feels life threatening for me. It has passed way beyond what I can bear.