View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PCS and Speech difficulty?

Hiya I'm new here so a brief intro:

I was traveling home from work and was heading up to the top deck of a double decker bus when the driver stopped suddenly and I lost my grip and fell down the entire stair case and hit my head but only got a small bump with how my hair was done saw stars and lost my hearing but didn't pass put... I went to the a&e to get checked out because I didn't have a large bump and my legs where more visually injured there wasn't much attention paid to my migraine like headache and nauseous ness and was put down to shock that I felt that way. A day or two later I started to develope speech difficulties (ie slurring and slow as if I was drunk) thinking it was the pain meds I didn't think too much of it. I stopped taking the meds that night hoping it would help. Since then (it's been a week since the fall) its only gotten worse. My reasoning is gone I am so emotional it's stupid and my speech is distressing. My husband told me I needed to go in to the GP after I tried to go into work but was sent home because he was concerned. The GP sent me to get a CT scan saying that I had probably had a concussion but that came back negative which was a relief. Nowi just don't know what to do. I can't work like this I can't hardly function. I follow up with the GP tomorrow Any advise?
Malsedge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote