View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacrusis View Post
Does the attachment picture of my son look like mild ptosis.....or am I totally way off?
I diagnose him with beautiful eyes. As for ptosis, well, in the photo one eyelid is clearly higher up than the other. First, this might be just a quirk the camera caught. Is it just this photo, or do you notice this often when you look at him? If you do notice it, it may be just the way he was born, and it has nothing to do with MG. But I think the crucial question here is: do his eyes always look like this, or just sometimes? If this is variable--in other words, if his eyes seem equally open in the morning, but not in the evening or when he's tired--then it's definitely worth looking into. Also, even if it's not variable, if it's new, you should have him checked out. If you're not sure, look at older photos of him and see if you can notice it.

Congential myasthenic syndrome is hereditary. I believe that there are both dominant and recessive versions. Myasthenia gravis is not supposed to be hereditary, though a predisposition to autoimmune diseases in general certainly is. And then we have Mike (PingPongMan), who's a special case of everything... with CMS in the family and antibodies besides. Nobody can figure that guy out!

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (10-04-2012)