View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of trying to get treatment for concussion in the UK.

From my limited experience since my own injury 9 months ago it seems that you have some of the most common symptoms. These are not surprising considering the fall you had and the previous one 6 years ago. It is quite common for successive concussions to compound the damage each time causing a longer recovery time.

I too suffer from getting my words out and comprising written text. Although sometimes when I think I am slurring or pausing between words people have commented that what I am saying is coming out fine. Myself and other posters have mentioned that it is not uncommon to feel that you are a third person watching yourself talk.

As you say the feeling you get is like trying to talk or do something when you have had a drink and your mind is trying to function but the words or limbs don't function properly - and to make matters worse you get all the symptoms of a giant hangover - headaches, sensitivity to light and noise, dizziness and nausea.

Hang on in there and follow the advice on this forum to rest and maintain a clean diet
Theta Z (10-05-2012)