View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the nicest diagnosis our family has ever received, Abby!!....Annie, thanks as always

The´ptosis´ started 3 days after birth and is definitely fluctuating from normal to slightly ptotic especially with throat infections etc. One day it´s there the next day it´s not. Always the same eye though. It is getting a little worse over time but very very gradually. He also complains that all things have 2 lines just since this summer.....´Mummy it looks like two apples on top of each other but I know there is only one apple´.

We just got a call yesterday for an immediate appointment via referral. My son got to see both an orthoptist and ophthalmologist just a couple of hours ago. No nerve damage, some slow reaction times, no glasses necessary but still double vision. Showed a selection of pictures.....Ptosis was also elicited during the eye exam - yet the ice pack test did not resolve my son´s ptosis like it does with mine.....
His next stop will be a children´s neuro appointment at the hospital in 3 weeks time. The ophthalmologist´s opinion was that the neurologist would know much more about it than he. So there´s a neuro appointment for each of us now just around the corner, but first - a well deserved week of holiday.....

Last edited by Anacrusis; 10-04-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: summarizing info/facts
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (10-04-2012)