Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
MMystery,

Darlene makes a good point about the B-12. In fact, you should probably take 1000 mcgs and a B-50 complex and magnesium and calcium supplements, too.

You did not answer luduplo's question about any kind of brain or head trauma. Do you or did you play any sports? Have you been involved in a vehicle collision? Have you suffered a high fever?

Before a sleep study, an EEG with sleep session would be a better study. You stay up all night before the EEG so you can easily fall asleep during the EEG. Much less expensive that a full sleep study.

Are you taking any medications? Please disregard your pupil reactivity observation. It is very unreliable for a person to check their own pupils for reactivity.

You sound like you have had brain trauma, likely a long term series of very mild but repeated brain trauma. Your cognitive and memory functions are very common to Post Concussion Syndrome and/or Sub-Concussive Impact Syndrome.

I usually post in the Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome forum. I have lots of knowledge and experience in that area. I have suffered a few different seizure symptoms.

My best to you.
*edit* luduplo*edit* focused on his/her assessment that my issue is an anxiety disorder *edit* it's something that I strongly do not believe to be my main issue, and I feel very dismissed when I try to seek help and people tell me it's all in my head.

Anyway, my B12 levels actually were low when my neurologist ran blood work. He suspected that I had pernicious anemia, but after taking supplements for a month, my level was normal. I have been taking a B-complex supplement for several months now, and I have not noticed any improvements in my symptomatology.

Regarding brain trauma, I did hit my head really hard on a lamp table about 4 years ago, so it is possible that that incident contributed to my issues. However, I began experiencing symptoms several years before hitting my head. I did not partake in sports while I was in school, but I was involved with color guard with my school's marching band for two years. I was never hit in the head with a flagpole or anything like that during this time, however.

Up until a few days ago, I was not taking any medications. I have been taking a Chinese herbal formula that my acupuncturist gave me for the past about two months. A few days ago, I began taking Prilosec because my cardiologist wants me to try it and see if it clears up the nagging chest pain that I have. As I said, though, I've literally been on the Prilosec for a few days, not even a full week.

Last edited by Chemar; 10-04-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: NT guidelines
medicalmystery7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote