View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
Welcome to the forum! As others have mentioned be sure to take vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day, and also keep track of your sz. and take note of they happen during a low pressure in the weather this often can trigger sz. for some people. I have absence, complex partial, and simple partial sz. and take my word the best thing for you to do is see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center you will get more help from them than any neuro or GP that you see. I have a feeling you may be photosensitive meaning certain colors will trigger sz. for you, this happened to me then I had a special e.e.g. done where they flashed different color strobe lights one at a time and they found 3 different colors were triggering sz. for me. If you have a rapid heartbeat this could also be causing your sz. heart problems, lack of sleep and stress are the 3 main things that can trigger sz. for many people. I've had epilepsy 40 yrs. now and I've learned a lot. You need to be admitted into the hospital where the Dr. can run a bunch of tests on you like a video e.e.g., MRI, SPECT, and PET Scan along with CT scan and blood work. If insurance is a problem you can call the Epilepsy Foundation if you in the USA at 1-800-332-1000 and they can help you out or give you info. you need to cover the medical costs. I can't help but wonder if you have a sleep disorder, the brain is the most active when we are asleep and according to my neurosurgeon whatever a person dreams about is something that they can relate to that happened earlier that day. Lack of sleep triggers sz. and you may have sleep apnea which can cause epilepsy. Ask anyone that lives with you if you snore loudly or stop breathing when you are sleeping these are signs of sleep apnea. If you use a cell phone this can cause short term memory loss shrinking the hippocampus of the brain where short term memory and learning is. This could also be what's causing your problem. I found out I was cell phone sensitive meaning when I'm around others using cell phones it will cause sz. for me do to the frequency that they are using. Start the ketogenic diet this diet has been out since 1927 and it works great decreasing or stopping sz. for people and it's better than taking a lot of med. To find the right med to help you tell the Dr. to do a DNA test on you they will be able to match your DNA up with the best med to help stop the sz. with the least side effects. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote