View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Steph, Some people with MG can't take immunosuppressants. Some are on IVIG and Mestinon. The decision of what treatments to have takes a lot of thinking. Not only "how am I going to feel tomorrow" but "how is your body going to feel after years on a treatment."

I can't have anything but Mestinon, so I have to manage MG with rest and common sense. That's not always possible for those who are more severe. It honestly doesn't leave me with much of a life but I'd rather have it this way than to be in the doctor's office or the hospital all of the time due to an infection. Now, that is my particular case only and does not mean that would be the same way for anyone else.

It's an art form figuring out what dose and schedule of Mestinon works for you. For example, I'm on 90 mg. every 3 hours, round the clock. Yeah, my body wakes me up and says, "Take it now!" I know when it's run out without looking at a clock.

You only get about 2 good hours of use out of it.

Talk to your neurologists - maybe even a view from an internist - to figure out what you want to do that's best for you.

It's not easy trying to figure it all out!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (10-05-2012), southblues (10-05-2012), StephC (10-05-2012)