View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Lisa, Talk to your neurologist/prescribing doctor. You may want to ask about backing off to 30 mg. to see if you are better or worse. How do you feel in between doses? Are you better or worse?

Some people don't do well on a consistent dose amount. They increase only when they are doing activities and may not need as much when they are sitting around resting. This is not an exact science!

You don't want to have a cholinergic crisis either, where you take too much and get too much acetylcholine flooding your neuromuscular junction.

Why did your doc say to take it every 2.5 hours?

You can't go by what others take - only by what your body needs.

I take 90 mg. every 3 hours, round the clock. But, again, that's me. On occasion, I have to back off on the dose amount or increase it slightly (10 mg. only). It's very important that you keep in communication with your neurologist about everything you do! They are putting trust in you too and need to know that you're not going overboard, thinking "more is better" (which it isn't always).

Maybe you could keep a journal of how you are doing at what dose, when it kicks in, when it wears off, etc.

Steph, Sometimes Pred can take awhile to kick in. It does vary with everyone. Give it some time.

When in doubt, call your neurologist!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
StephC (10-05-2012)