View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
As far as the best doctor for anyone, that's up to everyone to decide for themselves. Doctor shopping - what some doctors call "doctor hopping - isn't a great idea because they can think you're trying to find someone to treat you for a disease that doesn't exist. But sometimes you need to do that to get the care you deserve.
Annie

I keep reading….

´You have to find a neurologist that knows about MG because not all are experienced enough to treat it.´

I keep bumping into doctors like this…

´MG? That is not a fluctuating disease, is it?´……..´You know myasthenia gravis is mostly in the muscles of the body and sometimes spreads to the eyes´…..

I keep thinking……

To find a relatively mafia independent, eager, knowledgeable neurologist for a fluctuating disease with so many variants and who at the same time is compatible with the patient and his chemistry, can evaluate correctly constantly changing medication needs, be disposable to the patient for an extended period of time........... would need some kind of superhuman effort as well as divine intervention of any shape or size I would imagine!

Yes!!! I salute all of you who haven´t yet found what you are looking for but refuse to give up. The disease is one book in itself, and for many, the search is yet another!!!

Last edited by Anacrusis; 10-05-2012 at 03:44 AM. Reason: brain trying to compensate for muscles!
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-05-2012)