Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
MMystery,

It sure sounds like you have Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS). Your symptoms are classic. Even a small amount of anxiety makes PCS much worse. Plus, PCS makes anxiety much worse. The physiologicallly caused anxiety is beyond any psychological therapy. Reducing psychological anxiety can be a big help as it allows one to better focus on the physical causes of anxiety.

Poor diet and hormones can make PCS much worse. Dieting can also make it worse by interfering with proper brain metabolism. The fasting can cause a low blood glucose level. The brain needs essential fatty acids, the best source is pork because it also has the highest amount of Broken Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's)

The multivitamin is important because it has the other nutrients you need. You can either feel like a vitamin pill popper or end up needing medication to help your brain settle down. You need calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vit D for your brain. I take 20 pieces every morning. I have been for decades. Some of my supplements are for arthritis and other health objectives.

It sounds like the Prilosec is just a 'try this and see' idea. It is the first thing I would consider stopping. Throwing stomach acid off will effect nutrition.

My best to you.
Perhaps you're right. The only thing is that, as I stated earlier, I've been having these issues for around 9 years, and it was only about 4 years ago that I hit my head on the lamp table. Maybe doing that exacerbated a pre-existing issue I had, though. Sounds scary in any event, although I guess it's better than a brain tumor or chronic Lyme (what my acupuncturist suggested it might be).

I don't "fast" when I diet. I just try to eat healthy foods. I need to lose weight. I'm only 5'0" and weigh 140 lbs. I do not, however, eat pork. The only meats I eat are chicken and turkey, and I'm not particularly willing to change that. At the moment, I'm also on this very restrictive diet that my acupuncturist suggested I try. I can't have bananas, oranges, potatoes, wheat, soy, dairy, processed foods, etc. I don't feel as though I'm deprived by any means, though. I'm eating a lot of fruits, veggies, poultry, brown rice, quinoa, beans, and nuts.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about taking the Prilosec. I figure I'll take it until I see the cardiologist next Thursday, but I don't feel as though acid reflux is the root of my chest pain. My chest pain started after one day back in '09 when I spent 14 almost consecutive hours on the beach in the heat (I was an extra in a movie they filmed on my beach) and woke up with a racing pulse and chest pain the following morning. I think I'm just gonna kind of stick with this cardiologist until he does the stress test and ultrasound of my heart he plans to do on Thursday, and then if he doesn't detect anything, I'm just going to focus on the neurological aspects of my condition.

As for the whole pill popper thing, I just worry about how all of these substances are going to interact in my system. I'm afraid I'm going to overload my system or something.
medicalmystery7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote