View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default need help on mri results?/ ??? on TOS

Hi everyone, Im new here and have some questions. I have been in pain for several months with neck and shoulder. I had acdf 2 yrs ago and was doing well for 1 1/2--the last 6 months extreme shoulder, neck pain and numb on right hand all my fingers go numb accept thumb. My right hand is always cold. I cant sleep more that 1 hr at a time and wake up all night. I recently had mri even though I have small herniations every level of spine the only thing that come but a bit of problem is around c5-c6-- but the surgeon isnt concerned and stated no further surgery is needed. Never saying anything accept im sorry your in pain. I never asked for drugs. I said isnt there anything you can do? He said not sure why your in pain but i dont like to put patients on drugs it leads to more problems. He said hopefully in time it will get better.Im two years post surgery???? Then why all of a sudden do I in chronic pain. Im starting to wonder if it could be TOS? Below is what MRI Indicates small problem according to him. Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

at level c5/6 the right side heriated nucleus pulposus with resultant right spinal cord,right lateral recess and right neural foramina narrowing as been partially relieved. There is a resdual focal indentation of the midline spinal cord(27/44) There is mild bilateral recess and neural foramina narrowing,

Impression: status post spinal decompression with anterior fusion. Interval improvement in canal stenosis at c5 thru c7with mild residual indentation of the spinal cord at c5-c6
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote