View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You don't have to take the Maalox with the calcium, it is just that I use it. Simethacone comes alone without anything and is
called Gas-X (and other names).

Bloating means GAS and gas will come from all the acid blockers.
These drugs impair breakdown of protein, which then is fermented nastily in the intestines by bacteria. The gas will move up when high in the tract and will move down if lower.
It is a consequence of acid blocking drugs and really leads to more heartburn as the gas bubbles up and splashes the esophagus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
Thank you Mrs.D! It is really so frustrating. This bloating contributes to my discomforts. Me and my husband were on Nexium but recently his med was changed to Protonix because it seemed that he was no longer getting relief (he has been on Nexium for a long time). I know its wrong, but I have been trying his new medicine. So far, I dont see any improvement in my bloating.

In between I take Ranitidine.

I am not sure if I have gas. I used to hve so much gas (big time) when I did not know that I am lactose intolerant. But now that I have corrected that, I seldom hear my stomach grumbles.

I am trying to minimize my exposure to x-rays and radiation because I will need several cat scans to monitor the improvements of my lungs. Please pray for me that I complete the whole course of the antibiotics with minimal side effects. Needless to say, the antibiotics adding to my stomach problems.

I will try that Maalox with calcium and semithacone. Does calcium affect the absorption of all medicines/vitamins ?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote