View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
I am so sorry you are having such a terrible hospital and PLEX experience. I hope you get to see the neuro team soon and set some relief. Try to hang in there.
kathie
I'm back home now. My doctor was swamped catching up on VA duties after her conference so she sent either the senior resident or attending, I don't remember which he said. He seemed good, though. He expected me to be much weaker and said that I walked, well. Then when I looked at him like he was from mars as I took my 3 inch step, he corrected himself and said I was walked better than the Parkinson's patients he works with every day, as they are unable to get their feet off the floor at all.

He concluded that except for my eyes, the MG is under control and the main problem now is SPS. That wasn't really news to me since that what led me to research conditions other than MG in the first place.

Anyway, he conceded that there was nothing more they could do for me as an inpatient. Its unfortunate I couldn't see if a good night's sleep would help the SPS, but they couldn't justify keeping me for BiPAP and I'm already scheduled to get more PLEX outpatient.

Next week I go back for PLEX, urology, BiPaP followup, and the consult with the spasticity expert. Of course they all work on different days and I live 75 miles away

Hopefully things are uphill from here. I was hoping they'd try stronger muscle relaxants or something in the meantime, plus get the BiPAP going early to test and see if it helps, but it doesn't look like they want to do that. My neighbor told his nurse they put him next to a jet engine when he thought I was asleep, so that can't be healthy. Once I'm on BiPAP and whatever the spasticity doc wants me to do, I think things should start to improve, though.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote