View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
It is so hard for me to hear when someone so sick can't get logical and responsive care in a hospital. Usually, they consult with the neuro on call. And sometimes pulmonologists have a sleep specialty and can help you. Do you have a pulmy yet?

I hope they will take care of the apnea issue right away, fully evaluate it and get you the appropriate type of care for it. One thing I would ask is whether or not you are getting enough oxygen while you sleep. Have they checked your overnight oximetry? Sometimes a Bi-Pap isn't enough and some people do need oxygen too.

I'm sorry you are going through so much. You sound so brave but I know how scary all of this can be. Well, not the SPS but the MG.

Annie
There was miscommunication all around this time. The acute team admitted me because I'm so complicated. Then they neglected to inform the neuro team that I was even in the hospital. They didn't even call down as my neuro symptoms got bad, even though thats why they admitted me in the first place. My neuro told them the day after I was supposed to be be discharged because I emailed her the situation when they decided to keep me another night for observation. I'd also been telling every doc left and right that I'd been diagnosed with apnea, but it wasn't until the last night that one of the docs suggested trying the BiPAP machine, but then that never happened.

My neighbor said I kept him up all night snoring and choking. I apologized, but he said he heard me arguing with the doctors and nurses about getting the BiPAP so he know I couldn't haven't have done anything about it, sounds like he was more worried about me than anything else. Except he did tell his nurse that they put him in the same room as a jet engine

I was right outside the nurses station, so they must have heard it if it was as bad as he claimed. I've got all my consults lined up for next week, including the follow-up from the second sleep study with BiPAP; so I'm really trying to stay positive and hope things improve, but as things drag on its getting really hard.

What really annoyed me though, was one of the residents on the last day told me I'd been there too long for a simple urinary retention issue and unless the neuro team had some kind of "magic trick" to improve my walking, I'd need to leave today. In hindsight I should have complained; she could have simply told me I was on the wrong ward and the neuro team would be by to evaluate me as to whether they could help me or treat me as an outpatient.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote