View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Howdy,,,

You just had a lot of great info kinda thrown at you at once,,first off remember that even if our experience isn't exactly the same as yours,,,we all understand where you are and where you will be going. Because we've all had to travel that path,,,but the hope is ,,we have traveled that path and we are all still out there every day, sometimes better than others, but we are all still here and we are all still at it.....Don't loose hope yet.
You have a huge mountain to climb but we will be here to get you through every step....and you WILL get to where ever and whatever you want to be or accomplish,,the process may change the path may change but you will get there,,,and we will help in any way we can...
You will learn your meds and how to control them,, you'll learn if you have any trigger points,,,and you'll learn this has changed your life but it has not stopped it.

You are young and there are still great MD's out there working for us to help find other ways to help control this disorder,,,have hope.
But right now you are scared and that's okay,,we all were too. But just let yourself take this one step at a time don't try and climb the mountain at once....it won't work that way.
Give yourself space and time to get used to having it before you try and convince everyone else. Your family and friends will learn. They need time too.

A few quick tips of my own, start taking a good Vit B complex, get rid of all aspartame, MSG, caffeine. Drink lots of water and eat healthy,,keep your immune system in good shape, exercise if you can and when you can't ,,,,it's ok. Most important learn to meditate,,,even if it's just learning how to relax and control your breathing. You can control the attack better if you can learn to breath through it and stay calm...
You can also check with the TNA website and see if there is a group in your area,,,meeting someone else with this can make you feel less alone.

I know you are young but that's hopeful,,,by the time you get older there will be more things out there to help you control this than when I was first diagnosed... Try to stay positive and remember ,, we are all here for you.

If you ever need to talk about this with someone you can private message me and we can arrange a time,,,sometimes talking to someone else that understands can really help....

Don't loose hope,,,we are all in this together..
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote