View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mrsD,

After the 1st spine surgery (2 years ago), I was given Hydrocodone and Lyrica during the recovery. I took the Lyrica for maybe 2-3 weeks, then stopped that, and only took the hydrocodone for awhile (maybe 1.5 months) after that. Again, that was 2 years ago, just after the 1st surgery.

More recently, after I saw the neurologist, he prescribed Horizant for the numbness/burning, which is a newer/branded version of neurotonin. I took that for over a month, but it didn't relieve the symptoms at all.

After that, I wasn't taking anything for a couple of months, until just before my recent hip replacement surgery. When I first got diagnosed with the hip problem, the doctor prescribed meloxicam, for the hip pain, which I took for about 3 weeks, and stopped that a week before the surgery (in early August).

After the hip replacement, I've been taking hydrocodone (7.5/325), mainly for pain, for about 8 weeks now. The most I've been taking that is 1x4times a day, but for the last 2 weeks, I've been trying to wean myself off of it, and am now down to taking 2 per day.

In the last 2 weeks, I've also been taking 2 benadryls at night, to help get some sleep (apparently, this is a common problem with hip replacement recoveries).

I'll try to get the B12 numbers from the neurologist's tests and post back.

I'm still interested in if getting another EMG might be able to pinpoint whether the leg/feet/ankle numbness/burning is from a spine problem or not? Also, since I'm now only about 2 months post the hip surgery, and now have a metal prosthetic, would that cause any problems with getting an EMG or nerve conduction test?

Thanks,
Jim
ohaya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote