View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allformygirl View Post
Thanks much for your reply. It helps,she'd light on what may be going on. We have have a clinic visit today and hopefully that will help too. It all confirms what we have believed for awhile- that shunt placement and revision is as much art as science.
Hello,
I posted this question in a different part of this forum. I am new here and still learning the ropes, but I so need help with this. Here is what I posted and I hope you are able to help.
Hello,

I have a 9 year old daughter who had a right functional hemispherectomy when she was 8 months old. She had her shunt placed shortly after that and back in June of this year was her first replacement. It was an emergency surgery because the shunt had become extremely clogged. I have several questions.

1. How much pain were you in prior to your replacement and for how long?

2. How different did you feel after the replacement? Did you have any issues with sensory, behavior or have any pain afterwards?

My daughter is different, since the surgery and has regressed in several areas. I cant put my finger on one thing... but sooo different with her sensory... so much she is refusing to take baths. I cant even wash her hair she seems like she is in such extreme pain. She is going to have a Shunt series test some time in the next week.

Any help - speaking for her would be wonderful!

Thank you!
victoriatwz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote