View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

Ok, hopefully he'll see the thread. I posted here because, really, where I'm coming from is trying to address the neuropathy. But then, as I said, I'm getting mixed feedback from various doctors, the neurosurgeon who did my two surgeries vs. orthopedic doctor, etc.

And then, I was disappointed that when the neurologist that I saw did the EMG, he only did the test from the knee down. I really would have though that he would have told me beforehand that he couldn't do a complete EMG at the time, as I would have been fine waiting a few months. That was why I'm asking about now, with the hip replacement and having had that done 2 months ago, would it be better to wait 'x' months before trying to have another EMG done to try to identify whether or not there was back involvement in the leg/feet/ankle numbness?

In the past (before my 1st back surgery), I had an EMG, by a physiatrist, and he was able to identify that the original problem was from the L4 stenosis. Unfortunately he retired a couple of years ago, so I can't go back to him at this point, which is why I started seeing the neurologist earlier this year.

I agree with your last paragraph, BTW ...

Jim
ohaya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote