View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Barn Owl,

I'm wondering if you are starting to have simple partial sz. also known as aura sz. I will get a wierd feeling in my stomach and see colors in my eyes then I start to have muscle spasms around my mouth and it leads into a complex partial or absence sz. Mark gave you some great info. on things to stay away from that can trigger sz. for people. I found diet soda the worst thing can trigger sz. for me.
If I may ask are you using a cell phone at all during the day or texting? The reason why I'm asking is they have found that some people are "cell phone sensitive" The frequency of the cell phone and the electro magnetic field can start sz. for someone, even if your roomates are using a cell phone and you're cell phone sensitive this could be the problem.
My best advice to you is to see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) you can find these Drs. at an Epilepsy Center which are at University or Big hospitals. Often an e.e.g. will be negative not showing any problems and that's because the problem is to deep in the brain for the e.e.g. to show anything. You should look into having an MRI, CT scan, PET scan, and SPECT scan. Also if you find that you are having these problems when you go to bed or when you wake up it could be a myoclonic sz. this type of sz. happens only when a person goes to bed or wakes up in the morning. I had this type of sz. for awhile and had to have a sleep study done to see if I had sleep apnea or any other sleep disorder because lack of sleep and stress are the 2 main things that can trigger sz.
Start keeping track of all these feeling you get write down what time they happen on a calendar along with a dsicription this will help the Dr. and they may see a pattern in the sz. I found that I have sz. only certain times of the day and on certain days of each month.
Also if you go to an Epilepsy Center you can see a neuro phycologist who can do a study on you and tell you what's going on in your brain and what areas of your brain are being affected by what you are feeling.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote