View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

I guess you will need to see a cardiologist. When you say you have "elevated thyroid" what does that mean? Are certain test results elevated? Elevation of TSH indicates hypothyroidism, for example. But then if your doctor said you are showing signs of hyperthyroidism, then that is overactive gland, also called Graves disease. This needs to be taken care of ASAP. Rapid heartbeat from that is often treated with a beta blocker drug.
There are various other treatments to reduce elevated thyroid activity and they are all done by endocrinologists.

Graves disease is an autoimmune disease and you need to be tested to see if you have other autoimmune markers in your blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2212 View Post
Hi All,

I'm looking for some help from anyone who may have experience of Autonomic symptoms in PN

18 months ago I nearly blacked out three times and then shortly after i developed classic motor and sensory symptoms of peripheral neuropathy - pins/needles in hands and feet, burning feet, muscle twitches and tiredness and fatigue. Nerve conduction studies were normal

Neurologist said I probably had inflammatory peripheral neuropathy, caused by a virus, and over the next 12 months it would gradually improve. It did improve and I was back in the gym, a healthy guy in my 40s.

A few weeks ago symptoms came back but I had strong palpitations this time. Repeat ECG and bloods showed that I had changes to my ECG - flat P wave, which apparently means that there is some sort of Arrythmia developing. I'm breathless on exertion and i have all the other symptoms back - tingling hands/feet, muscle twitches as well as Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - pain from Ulnar nerve in elblow radiating down my arm. My Thyroid was slightly elevated.

The symptoms affecting my heart are the ones that give me the most concern. The only thing i could find on the web was Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy - it has a poor prognosis and mostly linked with Diabetes but I dont have any other health condition.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

Andy

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote