View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Thanks MrsD

It's the hyperthyroidism type, TSH was normal- 14.4 is the max and my Thyroid level was 15.3 so only marginally over. My doctor doesn't think it's significant, or related to my symptoms and wants to check my levels again in 3 months.

I clearly have some sort of Peripheral Neuropathy that includes Sensory, Motor and Autonmic symptoms but its getting to the type of disorder and whether any treatment could stop the damage that is being caused to my heart. I've been referred to Cardiology for a 24hr tape to check my heart and I'm due to see the Neurologist in December. UK's NHS is slow going...

Thanks

Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk:

I guess you will need to see a cardiologist. When you say you have "elevated thyroid" what does that mean? Are certain test results elevated? Elevation of TSH indicates hypothyroidism, for example. But then if your doctor said you are showing signs of hyperthyroidism, then that is overactive gland, also called Graves disease. This needs to be taken care of ASAP. Rapid heartbeat from that is often treated with a beta blocker drug.
There are various other treatments to reduce elevated thyroid activity and they are all done by endocrinologists.

Graves disease is an autoimmune disease and you need to be tested to see if you have other autoimmune markers in your blood.
Andy2212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote