View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trach View Post
Over the past year or so, I realized reading, both from an IPad and print media, can trigger a headache. Sometimes I can read for just a few minutes and then occasionally I can read much longer. When I read, my left ocular nerve (i think it's the nerve) right above my eyebrow starts to swell.

My opthamologist said my eyesight with correction is fine. My neurologist recently said reading is a common headache trigger, and I just need to accept it. I have an appointment with a neuro opthamologist next week.

Since I have given up so many things in life with chronic illnesses, reading is one of my last remaining passions.

I have been diagnosed with ON and TN. I also have a connective tissue disorder (which is probably the cause of my headaches) and orthostatic intolerance/neuro cargenic syncope.

Have any of you experienced this problem? Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Have you tried to get audio books? Its not a solution, but at least you'll get to read without the headaches. If you would care to share, what sort of connective tissue disease are you dealing with? I have TN and ON and Sjogrens. Some docs say the Sjogrens can affect nerves and others don't pay it much attention and its also considered a connective tissue disease.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote