Thread: stupid seizures
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 12:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Laura, I used to ride on a bus with a young lady who had severe seizures with loud noises too, especially when the doors of the bus slammed, she had really bad ones. Fortunately, our regular driver always closed his doors very quietly, but if we had a sub driver, it was guaranteed she would have at least one that day on the bus. She was our last pick up and first drop off so that her parents didn't have to worry (nor did the driver) that she would have more seizures induced by loud noises.

But, another thing they did for her was to get her some headphones, they are a special kind that you would wear in like a wood working shop or a metal working shop... some place where the noise level is really loud, but you need to protect your ears from the high decible noises. These head phone cut out much of the noise, but allow human voices to be heard clearly. They worked really well for this young lady, and they might work for Andrew too. They are big, and bulky, but if they afford him some protection from those nasty seizures, it might be worth a try?

I'm sorry you are having to go through this... Wish I had more than just a far fetched possiblity for you...but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Dori
Mom of 7 GEMS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote