View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Barn Owl,

You mentioned that you are having this problem right around yourperiod and this could mean that you are having cateminal sz. and that is sz. that are caused do to hormones changing every month in a woman right before and after a womans period. What's happening is the estrogen level goes up causing more excitment which can trigger a possible sz. while at the same time the progesterone level goes down and progesterone calms the nerves. I had this problem for many yrs. until I went through my change. You should ask your Dr. to put you on Diamox this drug will help get rid of the extra fluids in your body and it reduces sz. You will only have to take the drug once a day 5 days before your period and then you stop the drug. It worked so good on me reducing my sz. that my Dr. put me on the drug everyday. You will probably need to take 500 mg. once a day for 5 days only and this will help you out. Also try eating almonds because they have progestone in them and it helps calm the nerves. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote