View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 AM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

Thanks for the responses, all. I don't have anything against being diagnosed with epilepsy if I have it. I just think it's a tad presumptive to request to see an epileptologist when I have no clue if I have it. I don't see how that's much different than telling my doctor I need a referral to a cancer center because I think I have cancer based on articles I read on the Internet. Especially since I've never had a single doctor take me seriously when expressing my concern that some of my symptoms may be related to seizure activitiy.

Anyway, I hope my GP gets back to me soon with the referral to the new neurologist. And I hope she'll let me try having an MRI done with and without contrast again (Did I ever explain that situation? I only had a CT scan done without contrast). I'm not convinced that there isn't some type of tumor or lesion or something on my brain that's causing a specific spot on my head to hurt 24/7 in addition to all of these cognitive problems. In any event, I hope someone can come up with something to do to help me soon; I hate literally having nothing to do other than cry or, if I'm lucky and able to, sleep so I don't have to think about everything.

*reminder to self to pick up the B12 tomorrow after my acupuncture appointment*
medicalmystery7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote