View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Consul,

Not being your doc, I cannot diagnose. I can only throw out an idea or two for you to consider.

Do you clench or grind your teeth? It seem to me that what you are describing could be caused by muscle tension which causes ischemia to the area you are describing. The muscle in the area you are describing is called the temporalis muscle. It's pretty thin especially if it is overworked and stretched tight, so you might not realize that you are pressing on muscle. I would think that stroke would cause numbness or paralysis to the area. I would think that a damaged nerve would cause you considerable pain when you pressed hard in the area as you described.

I have experienced something similar. I have some training as a massage therapist, so I was able to massage myself. I notice that the problem sometimes occurs when I am beginning to come down with a cold or some other sort of viral infection.

Going to a very knowledgeable massage therapist might help - one who knows which related muscle groups to massage in addition to the temporalis muscle (the muscle giving the symptoms is often not the real or only source of the problem). Also, adequate magnesium is extremely important. I take Ionic-Fizz Magnesium Plus, others have had success with Peter Gillham Natural Vitality Natural Calm. To learn more about magnesium, go to the "Magnesium Information" thread on the "Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements" forum on this website.

Good luck and God bless.

Last edited by wasabi; 04-26-2007 at 11:51 AM.
wasabi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote