View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sonuger,

You are not the only one with this concern. However, I am still unclear as to the reason why the second molar was extracted in the first place.

Was there something wrong with this tooth? Was it preventing the wisdom tooth from coming in? Did your dentist tell you that if he took out this molar that your wisdom tooth would come down?

There is never any way to know if a wisdom tooth will come in or not after the second molar is extracted. Sometimes it takes years for that to happen and other times it never happens at all. Sometimes the wisdom tooth will poke through the bone and gum tissue only slightly and never move any further. Other times it is brought in by doing orthodontia. It all depends on the position and size of the wisdom tooth. I don't understand why the graft was placed if the sole reason for removing the second molar was to allow the wisdom tooth to come in. So what was the "reason" for removing the second molar?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonuger View Post
Thank you for taking time to answer my question. As I've mentioned, my dentist opted to remove my second molar because my impacted upper wisdom tooth was already very close to my sinus. My concern now is whether the wisdom tooth would still come out or not (because the bone graft might get in its way) and if it does, would it come out in the space previously occupied by the second molar. But it seems that I am the only one with this kind of problem. Thanks anyway for your answer.

[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote