View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Want info about PN in relation to knee replacement

Hi eveyone. I'm new to neurotalk. I'm looking for anyone with periferal neuropathy in their feet who have then had knee replacement. I wonder if the knee surgery had any effect on the neuropathy.

My PN is from chemo that I had in '06 for ovaian cancer. Now I'd like to have both knees replaced but I have reservations because of this question. The doctors say it won't affect it but I'd like some grass roots info. I was also told that the chemo probably would not cause permanent neuropathy. So I guess you could call me a "doubting Thomas".

My symptoms are that my feet feel cold almost all the time, combined with some numbness and tingling. However, the coldness is what bothers me most. Sometimes I have something like restless feet syndrome, where I just have to change position or move around. For example, I cannot stand to lie in bed on my back with my feet pointing up or to sit in a recliner with my feet pointing up. Also, after sitting for sometime, I get it and have to get up and move around.

Thanks very much for any help you can give. I've been asking around and just can't find anyone with these two situations. A friend helped me find this site and I think it's a great thing, if it works. Hopefully it will.
skippyfeet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote