View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pernicious anemia and MS

Hello,

I have been diagnosed with pernicious anemia and get B12 shots, but I have 2 spots on my brain which the dr is not willing to say is MS. In the beginning of August I started coughing alot. The cough lasted 7 weeks and it got pretty bad. During that time, I had migraines almost daily with vision problems. I had extreme dizziness and fatigue and a tingling sensations in my head and face. I was a wreck! Heat was my worst enemy, because I got so much worse in the heat. I had to observe in a classroom for school (going to school to be a teacher) and it was very hot. The teacher came over to me and said "Are you alright?" cuz I was soooo dizzy and fatigued and I felt like I had feverish symptoms, but I didn't have a fever and I was just all over yucky feeling. When I got out of the hot classroom, it got better. I started taking prednisone for the cough and as I was tapering off the prednisone, I developed cramping muscles all over my torso and neck for no reason. I looked it up online and it said something about the MS HUG. I think that might be what it was. I looked on an MS website and someone wrote that every time she tapers off of prednisone, she develops the hug. After the hug, all of a sudden my symptoms resolved (not completely, but for the most part). I read online that prednisone is used to treat exaccerbations of MS, so I wonder if that is what was happening and the prednisone helped. I still have vision problems that never resolved. The world is wavy and sometimes my eyes will just go out of focus for no reason whatsoever.

My questions are:
-can prolonged B12 deficiency cause MS. I never read anything on that subject.
-can prolonged B12 deficiency cause "spots" on the brain.
-how many other people with pernicious anemia and MS? Are they linked? I know B12 deficiency is, but what about anemia?

Thank-you!
lolad2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
carebear01 (10-14-2012), KittyLady (10-11-2012), SallyC (10-09-2012)