View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

My internist and neurologist both wanted to do MRIs with and without contrast, but I couldn't do it at the time. It's a long story, but basically, I hid my symptoms and avoided doctors for about seven years because, if I had a brain tumor, I didn't want to know about it because I didn't want to have brain surgery. (and back when I was still under eighteen, it could have been forced on me) So I spent so much time avoiding the diagnostic testing that when I was finally confronted with having it done, I went into panic mode and just said forget it, I'll just live like this. So my neuro said we could try a CT scan since it would be over much quicker. Then the nurse freaked me out by telling me about all of the side effects that injecting the contrast into my veins could cause, so I didn't want to do that either.

I'm past that not wanting to know stage now, though, which is why I said I want to see if they'll let me try the MRI again. I saw the images from my CT scan without contrast, and they're such poor-quality images. My dad looked at them too and said, "There's no way they can diagnose or rule out anything with those."

In other news, bought some more methylcobalamin today. Kind of worries me that I'm now taking a B-complex, the high-dose methylcobamin supplements, and a multi-vitamin that contains B12, but you all don't seem to think it's a problem, so that's good.
medicalmystery7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote