View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
NEW YORK (AP) — As many as 13,000 people received steroid shots suspected in a national meningitis outbreak, health officials said Monday. But it's not clear how many are in danger.

Officials don't how many of the shots may have been contaminated with meningitis-causing fungus. And the figure includes not only those who got them in the back for pain — who are most at risk — but also those who got the shots in other places, like knees and shoulders.

Read rest of story...

Also, Google: Pharmacy linked to outbreak issues wide recall

I hope no-one here has been affected.

Doc

Truly a sad story. I've followed it as well and while I have no first hand knowlege that any doses were or were not used for multiple regions of the body, I've not seen anywhere in the press that any of those doses were used for anything but "low back" patients.

It is quite conceivable that this product could have been used across the board for neck, knees, shoulders, etc., but such has not been the stated case in the (objective?) press! Perhaps it is a different dose/product for those regions? It is not surprising unfortunately, with all of the recent attacks on health care and pressure on manufactures/providers to curtail costs. Right or wrong, it would not surprise me if money is also cut from QC as well!

I wish the best for all of the unfortunate victims!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-15-2012), Gracemary (10-22-2012)