View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

If I choose not to buy GMO (genetically modified) corn, that GMO corn will not blacklist me to the organic corn, making sure I can't eat it either. I don't need corn and can't eat it anyway.

But I do NEED health care. That's the difference between other corporations and the medical profession. They should be even more responsible for the decisions they make. That does not mean a mistake should go from "oops" to "no medical license!" It means they simply need to try to do their jobs better.

Everyone should be set up for success!!!

I don't know what it's like to be a doctor. I doubt it's very easy. But doctors CHOSE to go into that profession.

And I do so like the decision you made, Celeste. I don't think being ethical and making profits are mutually exclusive goals! But, obviously, there are many in medicine who think that way.

I called up my insurance company a few weeks ago and asked them to stop wasting money by sending me promotional junk in the mail. That's one thing we patients can do - speak up when we see something that could change.

So, Alice, these two examples show why the medical profession's self-imposed Catch-22 is so counterproductive. And hypocritical.

I knew I had MG but I couldn't find a neuro in my state to give me the treatment I needed unless they "rediagnosed" me, even though there was an abundance of proof of MG.

I knew I didn't have lupus or dermatomyositis but my rheumy won't take those diagnoses off of the table, even though there is absolutely no proof for it after nearly two years!

So, they won't confirm what you do have but won't deny what you don't.

That does NOT let doctors off the hook, nor should it.

Farmers - which is the "stock" I come from - would lose their farms if they left their "jobs" half-finished. They don't even worry about lawsuits on the weekends. Doctors don't even get a talkin' to when they leave us half-finished.

Yikes, am I in a mood tonight. No offense meant to you at all, Alice! I'm just really tired of all of this nonsense. Are they really so afraid of a "perception" of a lawsuit? I think they might need some counseling for litigaphobia.

Last edited by AnnieB3; 10-09-2012 at 01:30 AM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
StephC (10-09-2012)