View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 11:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face Hope that I am understanding this right....

Frogga,
I understand what you are saying, I think. If you are asking if anyone gets more active because of their pain...then I have to say that I do. I haven't really every thought about it being some sort of hyperactivity, but more as being really restless.

If my pain gets higher, I get restless and have to move around a lot. I am also irritable, and grouchy, and figure that while I am up and moving, I might as well go ahead and get some things done, since I hurt so badly anyway....maybe it will help get my mind off of it. LOL...it usually doesn't work out that way, but that doesn't seem to stop me from doing this time and time again.

I also have gotten so over tired and exhausted that I "pass my sleepy point", and can't go to sleep no matter how much I wish I could. Sometimes this is due to an increase in pain and happens along with the restlessness, but it can happen on it's own too if there is anything that is going on that causes me to not be able to fall to sleep when I really could. If that makes any sense at all (probably not...LOL).

Sometimes, when pain levels are really bad and I am restless, I think that not only am I trying to do "stuff" to distract me from the pain, but also in the hopes of just tiring myself out so much that I will have no choice but to fall to sleep, no matter how badly I hurt. That also doesn't usually happen, but again, I still wind up doing it anyway.

But, then, I think that we all have the same thing going on that Rain and Joan do, and tend to over do things when we are having "good" or even just "better" days, in the hopes of getting lots of stuff accomplished that we usually can't. I know that I am guilty of that BIG TIME. I will do all kinds of things, just because I am feeling better...trying to take advantage of that time as much as I can, even though I KNOW that I am going to pay for it. Probably be paying for it later that very day, or the very next day at the latest. But, I think that these are two separate issues here...unless I have totally misunderstood what you were asking? If I haven't, then I can tell you that you aren't alone. LOL, if I have...then I am stumped. ( which seems to be a constant state for me lately. LOLOL)

I hope that you have a better day today. You really deserve a break.

Love and ((hugs))
Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote