Thread: c5 c6 problems
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracemary View Post
I also have herniated disc. But no Doctor told me. I requested my MRI report. Look it up on line. I am really in a lot of pain. I wake up with pain. And go to sleep with pain. I feel that my head is going to explode . Now my Dr. That I have seen want to do injections. Why? The shots will not help. I finally went to ER. The pain has went to my left side of my neck. All the way down to my left arm. Now my lower back is hurting. No one will give out meds. But ER did. Finally some relief . I have a follow up again. With a internal medicine doctor. ER gave meds for 2 days. Whew I am impressed. Injections scare me. Now that their finding out the shots are not so good. I am going for a second opinion for neck surgery. The one surgeon was gun hoe to do the surgery. Not sure what to do.
I Gracemary--I live In Ohio too!! Anyways what I would advise also get 2 or 3 consults before surgery. Most good surgeons would not even consider acdf surgery unless you spinal cord compressed. If you want post your mri results here --people here will help advise. What are your symptoms pain in neck,shoulder,arm going into your hand and fingers??? If you dont have a copy of your MRI you need to request it from the place you had it done with the written copy. I had acdf surgery 2010---from c5 thru c7. . I have a good friend I took to my surgeon who has 2 large herinations at but were not spinal cord compressed and he said no surgery she had the esi (spidural steroid injections) after two shots-- she has been pain free for 18months. Sometimes these injections do the trick. Please let me know if I can help with any ? you may have---im sorry your in so much pain!!
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-15-2012), Gracemary (10-21-2012)