Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
mystery,

It sounds like you need to get a grasp on the applicable information. If you look at your B complex, multi-vitamin and methylcobalamin, you can find out how much total B-12 you are taking. Since the B-12 in the multi and B-complex has low absorption, it should be added up separate from the methylcobalamin. Note that mcg is 1/1000th of mg. 1 mg is 1000 mcg. The B-complex likely has 50 mcg of B-12. The multi likely has 4 to 10 mcg of B-12.

I take 380 mcgs of B-12 daily. My blood B-12 is about 1000 pcg/mL which is good.

When you get anxious about a test's side-effects, you need to look at the incidence of that side-effect. Most major side-effects only effect a few out of a hundred patients if not much less.

I have had CT's, MRI's, MRI/MRA, PET, old school brain scan with mercury contrast (1970), EEG's qEEG's etc. They are nothing to be afraid of.

They often rule out the scary problems right away. Tumors usually show up easily so they are easily ruled out. It is finding the other conditions that can be difficult. In my case, they could not image any problems or defects. Only the qEEG showed a problem. A qEEG is a harmless procedure similar to a generic EEG.

You tendency for anxiety tells me you need to be up on brain vitamins and supplements. The brain is much better with anxiety when it gets good brain nutrition.

My best to you.
The complex has 15 mcg, and the multi has 6 mcg. Considering the methylcobalamin has 1,000 mcg, those numbers seem negligable. I do wonder, now, though, if I should get rid of the B-complex since it has so many other things in it that are also in the multi. I guess I'll just keep taking everything.

The thing with the tests that a lot of people don't seem to understand is that it's not the tests themselves that I was afraid of (with the exception of the contrast thing). It was/is the results. But I'm kind of past that now...I think. I used to think knowing was worse than not knowing, but now I see that not knowing is much worse. I just wish my GP would hurry up and set up my appointment with the new neurologist. I hope it's not another situation where I have to wait months to see her.
medicalmystery7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote