View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ All I can see about the MRI is that from C5-C7, there is "leftover" indentation of the spinal cord at C5-6. That was from the previous herniation. Other than that, I cannot see anything else. The right sided neural foraminal narrowing has been PARTIALLY relieved, so perhaps that has something to do with it, but I kind of doubt it. The foramen is the hole that the nerves pass thru to the spinal cord. It says you have "improvement" in the spiinal canal stenosis (narrowing) at C5-6, but I don't know how MUCH improvement that means.

I suppose you could still have a good deal of pain from this but I just don't know. Why not ask your GP to refer you to a pain management doctor? These doctors can do procedures to help relieve pain. They are usually anesthesiologists, and are well versed in pain management. So ask him for a referral. You'll be glad you did. I wish you the very best!! Take care & let us know how you do, okay? I'd really like to know what happen, ok? Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (10-10-2012)