View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sonuger,

My interpretation of your description without seeing an x-ray .... the wisdom tooth was laying against the distal root of the second molar and perhaps you were developing bone loss and/or a deep pocket between these two teeth. The concern with leaving this alone is that you would end up with an abscess in which both teeth would have to be extracted. In spite of the sinus involvement with the wisdom tooth, some dentists would have removed the wisdom tooth, others the second molar. Neither decision is better than the other. He placed the graft because without it there would have been a big void in the bone and he was trying to preserve as much integrity of the bone as possible. Based on your description, he needed to do the sinus lift in order to place the graft.

Did your dentist say that he thought the wisdom tooth would come down?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonuger View Post
My dental xray showed that the impacted wisdom tooth was already pushing my second molar and my dentist told me that it might damage the adjacent tooth if not removed. But because wisdom tooth was very close to my sinus, he told me it would be safer to remove the second molar. He told me also that my sinus cavity was "unusually large" and was already touching my gums so he performed sinus lifting and inserted bone fillers and membranes to make my sinus smaller. Do you think I was overtreated and overcharged by my dentist?

[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote