View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi dynhamik,
Welcome to the forum! My advice to you is "cold water therapy" I don't know for sure but this sounds like a panic attack what you need to do is get a cold washcloth and put it on your face and the back of your neck, by doing this you will calm the neurons down in your brain and the nervous system will calm down. If by chance you are forgetful and don't remember what happened after these possible panic attack or you seem confused, tired, and have a headache then it could very well be a seizure. These are all signs of how many people feel after they have had a seizure. If this is the case you need to have your neurologist order an MRI, CT Scan, PET scan and SPECT scan to find the details of what's going on in your brain. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
dynhamik,

It sure sounds like a panic attack to me. I have had them. They can be just a few seconds to even hours long. If they last, if you can, get your blood pressure tested. We keep a home blood pressure kit handy. I have experienced very high BP during a panic attack.

You can check your pulse easily at the time of the event. If it returns to a normal level soon after, it is likely a panic attack. There are a variety of trigger for panic attacks. It can be difficult to identify the trigger without taking not of all of the stimuli at the time.

My best to you.

I really appreciate your input. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I plan on getting the referral to see a Neurologist. I'll be sure to update this thread when I have more information. Thanks again.
dynhamik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote