View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

September 2nd 2012 I completed the Disneyland Half Marathon. The race was a bit of a struggle after mile 8 but I figured it was the heat. At that time I had no symptoms. 10 days later I was having blurred vision and I thought it was sinus related it will pass. A few days pass my vision is double and I am having a hard time keeping my eye open. I went to an eye doc who suggested MG and he sent me to an 2nd eye doc two days later who agreed and then on to a neurologist 2 days later. By then I was having symptoms in both hands and both legs. He confirmed the first two findings and did more tests and said I had classic symptoms and ordered plasmapheresis to begin on Monday October 1st two days later. By Monday morning I was at a point where buttering toast was a struggle. In two weeks I had gone from symptom free to crisis mode. I was told to start taking prednisone and began with 20mg every other day and I will be up to 80mg every other day within the next week.

Tomorrow will be my 5th and last plasmapheresis treatment and my vision has cleared up substantially. My hands are better and my right leg still is pretty weak. Found out today my ACHR Binding AB was 8.75 and while I know that is high I have no idea how high that is or if it relates to the severity of the symptoms.

The treatments are helping but I have a lot to learn about MG and I hope to learn more here.
rogerm213 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote