View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had everything taken out vaginally in the late 90's due to benign tumors. It was no big deal at all. They took the ovaries because he said that probably in a few years, I could develop tumors around them too, and we might as well take them while we're at it. Why have 2 surgeries when we can just have one. So I agreed, and didn't want to mess with them anyway. LOL

Of course that threw me into menopause, but i didn't care. I took hormone therapy for several years, and then got off. I NEVER had any hot flashes or anything. It was a breeze.

After surgery, all I was told was NO LIFTING for several weeks, and for the first couple of weeks I wasn't supposed to drive, but i did anyway. LOL
I didn't have much pain -- just some dull aching, which he gave me some meds for.

All in all it was the best thing I ever did for myself. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-14-2012)